Teri Wellbrock is a Trauma-Warrior /Ep2736
Teri Wellbrock is a trauma-warrior, having survived and thrived after learning to cope with her C-PTSD symptoms and 25 years of severe panic attacks by utilizing EMDR therapy, personal research and learned coping skills along with a foundation of faith and positivity. She is currently writing a book, “Unicorn Shadows: From Trauma to Triumph – A Healing Guide”, about her multiple traumas, with the intent to help others reach their own joyous and peaceful existence via her “story of hope”. She also speaks publicly about her triumph over trauma, including addressing over 250 attendees at a trauma conference.
Teri is mom to three beautiful children (ages 26, 24, and 13); owns the Milford Ohio based business InvizaShield; graduated magna cum laude from the University of Cincinnati with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology; has written a children’s book, “The Doodle with the Noodle”, with her daughter, about their Therapy Dog, Sammie the Labradoodle; has created the Sammie’s Bundles of Hope project (bags filled with trinkets of hope donated to children with trauma history); and is producer and host of The Healing Place Podcast on iTunes, Spotify, YouTube, Deezer, Google Podcasts, Podbean, Blubrry and more.
She maintains a blog at http://www.unicornshadows.com and writes a monthly Hope for Healing Newsletter. Teri’s professional history includes managing, teaching, and case management with a mental health agency. Her life purpose is to make a positive difference in the lives of others, particularly children, and shine a light of hope into dark spaces.
- Global growth of The Healing Place Podcast – downloaded in 51 countries around the world.
- Podcast interviews with guests from around the globe – Thailand, UK, Vancouver, Bali, Italy, New Zealand, and more.
- Podcast mission – to offer a space for guests to shine the light of hope into the lives of those traveling a healing journey.
- Utilizing EMDR to process ACEs (adverse childhood experiences) – stored negative energy.
- Use of various coping skills to aid the healing process – Ho’oponopono Hawaiian Healing, EFT or tapping, mindfulness exercises, meditation, and more.
- Trauma history/high ACE score:
- Age 4 – attempted drowning by alcoholic parent
- Age 5 – sexually molested by 16 year old neighbor
- Age 9 – sexually molested by 19 year old neighbor
- Age 10 – repeatedly molested by choir director
- Age 10 – emotionally abused by nun assigned as school counselor
- First 10 years of life – physically abused by my father until he received counseling
- Age 14 – sexually accosted by religious education director in rectory where I worked in the evenings helping the priests
- Age 16 – lost virginity to date rape
- Age 16 – gang attack and sexual assault
- Age 17 – sexually accosted by police officer in charge of gang attack investigation
- Age 21 – gun held to my head and co-worker stabbed 3 times with a hunting knife during bank robbery
- Age 22 – 3 months later, same assailants would return to main office, where I had just moved, only this time the assailant would pull the trigger and murder my co-worker; my 19 year old sister had just gone on break and the girl who was murdered had taken my sister’s place on the teller line; I had run from the bank and was hiding in the row houses behind the bank plaza when I came face-to-face with a second armed assailant who pointed his Luger at me but thankfully the gun misfired
- Current Sammie Doodle therapy dog work with children in local school settings
- Sammie’s Bundles of Hope project aimed at providing coping trinkets for children with trauma history or anxiety struggles
- Join Teri on http://www.teriwellbrock.com (podcast, book, blog, Sammie, speaking links)
- The beauty lies in being able to live a life of tranquility and joy – even while still traveling the healing journey!