You’ve probably noticed how self-proclaimed financial experts have biographical pages filled with credentials and achievements designed to impress you. This page is no different… at least in the beginning. Todd Tresidder’s background includes:
- B.A. in Economics from University of California at Davis
- Member of Economics Honors Society and Deans List
- A serial entrepreneur since childhood building many businesses and retiring at age 35 from his position as a Hedge Fund Investment Manager responsible for a 20+ million dollar portfolio.
- Todd’s portfolio management for the Hedge Fund produced 100% winning years except one which was less than a 5% loss.
- Raised net worth from less than zero at age 23 to self-made millionaire 12 years later by “walking the talk” using the same personal finance and investment strategies taught on this web site.
- An early pioneer and expert in statistical and mathematical risk management systems for investing.
- Financially independent from age 35 through investing – not marketing – unlike many other financial gurus who made their money through marketing courses and books.
- Still an active investor who earns consistent investment returns in both up and down markets.
The point of these factoids is to demonstrate that I teach personal finance and investing based on real experience. I walk the talk and have the results to prove it. I do not teach ivory tower theories or inaccurate conventional wisdom: instead, I show you what works, what doesn’t, and why – all based on actual, provable, experience.
With that said, there is a serious limitation to the financial and professional data cited above. It tells you about my financial and investment expertise, but it doesn’t tell you anything about me as a person. In other words, there are many self-proclaimed financial experts with impressive resumes so what is different about Todd?
The most obvious difference is I made my money investing in publicly traded markets just like you can do; whereas, many financial experts made their money through becoming best-selling authors and marketing financial advice to you. Unless you plan on writing a best-selling book and building a marketing empire you may find difficulty duplicating their success.
Listen another #12minconvo