As America’s first ever Olympic Gold Medalist in Whitewater Canoe Slalom, Joe Jacobi promotes strategies and shares stories for living and performing at your best, doing the work that matters and engaging with purpose. His platforms include performance coaching and consulting, professional speaking, broadcasting and writing.
Joe’s philosophy and values are built upon:
- A 19-year career as an elite athlete with USA Canoe/Kayak that included 10 National Championship titles, two Olympic Games appearances and an Olympic Gold Medal
- Serving as the Canoe/Kayak Color Commentator for NBC at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing
- Coaching individuals and corporate teams who want to raise their game and improve performance
- Leading for 5 years as Chief Executive Officer of USA Canoe/Kayak, the sport’s national and Olympic governing body
- Launching many successful small businesses and community development projects
- Speaking to hundreds of companies and organizations
- Mentoring athletes of all ages
- Choosing unconventional and innovative paths of education, building relationships, personal development and financial sustainability
Joe writes and shares “Sunday Morning Joe,” a weekly email newsletter about improving performance, aligning with purpose and overcoming obstacles.
Joe’s wife, Lisa, is a professional musician and business owner and their 16 year-old daughter, Seu Jane, named for the Spanish city that hosted the 1992 Olympic Whitewater competition and an active athlete in Whitewater Canoe Slalom, now live La Seu d’Urgell, Spain