As a seventeen-year coaching veteran, Renee Lopez is a recruiting expert. As a United States Soccer Federation (USSF)- and National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA)- licensed coach, she has recruited and produced three All-Americans and has been honored as Coach of the Year by her peers. In addition to serving as NCAA compliance director, she has learned the recruiting process from having worked as a high school varsity head coach for three years and a college coach for fourteen, in NCAA Division I, II, III, and NAIA. Her other accomplishments include:
- She was on staff at the University of Florida when the team went to the NCAA Elite Eight in 2003.
- From 2005-09, she led a NCAA Division II program to turn around from a 3-12-2 record to record-breaking, back-to-back, eleven-win seasons, earning Coach of the Year, team academic awards, multiple All-Conference players and an All-American.
- That success catapulted her into an NCAA Division I head coaching position, where she spent two years turning around a team with a 0-19 record to a record-breaking season.
- God then called her to take a leap of faith into a coaching platform where she could share her faith at Christian universities for four years.
- In that time, producing two more All-Americans, numerous All-Conference players, and receiving Sports Ministry and Team Ethics Awards, and the NSCAA Team academic honors.
- She became involved in speaking with Fellowship of Christian Athletes, recruiting seminars, coaching education, and camps across eleven states.
• She has served in sports ministry in Costa Rica and has penned articles for the National Christian College Association of America.
Renee has learned what it takes to succeed in leadership, recruiting, and team development. Through RL Academy, she offers seminars and consults on “The College Recruiting Process and How to Become a College Student-Athlete.” As a certified speaker, trainer, and coach for Jon Gordon and the John Maxwell Team, Renee Lopez also offers workshops, seminars, and keynote presentations on personal and professional growth through the application of proven leadership methods.
Renee played college soccer and graduated with her undergraduate degree in elementary education. Her graduate degree is from the University of Florida in Exercise Sport Science with a concentration in Sport Management/Pedagogy.