Matt Crocamo –
Dig in to the physical, behavioral, and cultural aspects of what it is to be a human animal with personal trainer & credentialed writer Matt Crocamo Jr.(@MatthewJBetter). He’s spent years honing the easiest way to live right in spite of the many things in our way – the drive-thru, a logjammed scheduled, or the ultimate saboteur – the human brain.
The topics and themes that almost resemble segments on his podcast, Better Health and World, include:
Trainer Training – advice from the credentialed health professional himself about fitness, especially for newbies;
Healthy Living Easy, in which he and his fellow health enthusiasts discuss streamlining good food and fitness into a super busy lifestyle;
No More Pacifiers (AKA Don’t Be Pavlov’s Dog), where they talk about overcoming the dumb little things, like nicotine and refined sugar, that gave us a false, distracting, and futile sense of satisfaction; and
Dessert! Once they’ve consumed the healthy health topics, hear Matt and company get into movies, television, and other cultural reflections of our humanity.
Ever since my once- chubby fingers could hold a crayon, I’ve felt the need to create things, communicate with the masses, and ultimately contribute to the betterment of humanity.
I graduated from Towson University magna cum laude with a Bachelor’s in English. (It would have been the loftier “cum laude” if not for the only “C” I got at the school; I will curse you forever, “Science Fiction Writing.” [the class, not the practice])
In Academia, I was a thrice-published poet, a columnist for two publications, and the entertainment editor for my high school newspaper.
I’ve interned at the Baltimore City Paper, Bello Machre, and Sheppard Pratt Health System. (My English degree was almost a psychology degree; I was a member of the honors society for psychology students at my junior college.)
Since then, I have:
- Freelanced for a prominent marketing firm – the one that turned the front of a downtown Baltimore parking garage into a giant can of Old Bay;
- Founded and produced a regional newsletter (THOUSANDS of eyeballs) to enhance the morale and performance of employees for one of the biggest names in hospitality;
- Won prestigious sales contests AND designed my own which increased the sale of target items;
- Cultivated countless relationships with EVERY kind of person after years and years (and years) in the service industry;
- Substitute taught for Anne Arundel County Public Schools for several years (and got a taste of what it’s like to be a correctional officer); and
- Written grant materials, canvassed, and phone banked for a variety of nonprofit organizations (I was a finalist last year for a Baltimore Corps fellowship.).
I am your everyman! Please join us. You’re always welcome. My fellow health enthusiasts and I love you all.
-Matthew Crocamo Jr.
Better Fight Cast
Also, check out the other show on our network, Better Fight Cast, for your tightest coverage of the UFC and all things mixed martial arts for rookie fight fans AND you seasoned vets. That vehicle is driven by fellow health enthusiast – and our resident MMA historian – Joe Neubauer (@JoeKnowsMMA). He’s been living and breathing the fights since he was a kid scouring video store shelves for Pride VHS tapes. To help us bridge the gap between fans new and old, Gabrielle Tambaoan (@Gabby_T) is somewhere between a historian of the sport and a rookie like myself (ANNND another fellow health enthusiast!).