Hi, I am Judi Bonilla.I offer consulting services on the topic of aging. Currently, I work with individuals and also with tech startups. With my extensive knowledge of aging services I regularly handle issues involving housing, lifelong learning, and transportation.
In addition, I advise small businesses and startups working with older adults. By working with senior centers, Area Agencies on Aging, Older Americans Act, and the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services I’m able to lend my expertise in the aging sector.
In tune with emerging issues affecting aging and longevity, I blog and speak about elderly parents, improving brain health, strategies for older drivers, as well as policies affecting older adults.
My research with Hispanics in Philanthropy focused on managing chronic conditions and reducing risk factors for Alzheimer’s Disease. Previously as a Senior Services America fellow, I researched independent and assisted living communities.
Earlier in my career, I gained significant experience working in the senior center environment. By working at a center I gained insight into adult education and community programs.
- The author of Freewheeling After Sixty a comprehensive look at senior transportation with an action plan focusing on independence and mobility.
- Named to 1st Los Angeles Aging into the Future Conference bringing tech companies, innovators, and experts in aging.
- Selection by Aging and Independence Service to present at the Vital Aging Summit. The track-focused, on Transportation & Mobility: Don’t Get Stuck Without Options
- Chosen by SXSW panel as the first gerontologist to appear at the conference. The talk Aging: The Opportunity For Continuing Education.
- Picked by LeadingAge to attend Hackfest, resulting in developing a People’s Choice Prize Winner. The online platform developed curates memories for those with an early dementia diagnosis.
- Won Hispanics in Philanthropy Fellowship. Her research focused on risk reduction of chronic conditions and Alzheimer’s Disease among Latinos.