Click on the ▶ icon to listen (17:45)
Allyson Hawkins Ward-
– Three years ago I, Allyson Hawkins Ward says she was ending an 18 month leave of absence from a big corporate job (IBM) to take care of my younger brother who was recovering from open heart surgery.
– From October 2014 until April 2015 I returned to IBM and took a job that I didn’t love in a different part of the business.
– April 2015 after a 20 year career at IBM I decided rather suddenly to quit because I felt that I was adding no unique value.
– I published a book in August called :Please Don’t Come Home (Except for A Visit): A Field Guide to Creating Independent Adults
– September 2015 – Attained Best Sellers Status
– Now I am focused on creating courses to help parents to raise independent and confident teens which feeds into my passion around parenting
Listen another #12minconvo
Musical Background: ‘TAKE THE CHANCE’ by Nicolai Heidlas