Adam Ashton was a super high achiever in high school, scoring in the top 1.5% of Australia, he’s won 9 national gold medals for swimming, played state-level Aussie rules football. He has:-
– hit university and had NO IDEA what to do: changed courses, failed subjects, underachieved and did the bare minimum in class
– did an internship at a big corporate bank and quickly realized the more ‘traditional’ path to success (get a ‘good job’, work hard, keep your head down, climb the ladder, work for 50 years, retire) wasn’t for me
– tried his own small business, creating his own lectures for high school math students. first ‘lecture’ had 2 students, then 5, then 7, then 11, then 18, then 30, then 60, then eventually 180 over the span of a few years
Adam Ashton has NOW:
-read a book each week and share the best lessons with his co-host on the podcast ‘What You Will Learn’ – http://www.whatyouwilllearn.com
– have interviewed authors like Seth Godin, Dan Pink, Dan Ariely, David Allen, among others
– wrote and published his own book in March this year, titled ‘MHS Entrepreneurs’ – http://www.mhsentrepreneurs.com/ – He has interviewed a bunch of entrepreneurs from his old school, including a multi-billionaire, to learn what they did, how they did it, and how others could do it too. His school promotes traditional path, lawyers, doctors, engineers etc, but very little exposure to creating your own life.